Friday, November 2, 2012

Frankenweanie

Heartfelt Story About a Boy and His Dead Dog




Disney and Tim Burton's latest film Frankenweanie is a over the top film fun for both children and adults. Director Tim Burton, also known for such films as Edward Scissor Hands and A Nightmare Before Christmas, puts together a hodgepodge of memorable classical horror characters in different shapes and sizes to tell a story of a young boy and his dog. Victor Frankenstein and Sparky are two inseparable companions who spend all their time together making short films and being each other's best friend. One unfortunate day, Sparky is involved in an accident and passes away. This encourages Victor to resurrect his faithful pal as being away from Spark is unbearable. This lovable story is littered with "colorful" characters, each bringing an array of laughter to the table.

The trailer itself explains the whole concept of the title Frankenweanie. However, it lacks the supporting characters that help progress the movie forward. I have seen the movie a few days ago, and I got more than I expected from the trailers. Now I'm not saying the trailer should have spoiled everything, but I think it would have helped to do a mini-showcase of what characters to expect. I haven't seen many marketing of the movie itself, unless I happen to miss them. However, every time I see a TV spot or posters, it always involved ParaNorman. ParaNorman seemed to have more of a marketable approach than this film.

All in all, this movie made me tear up on a few scenes. I really recommend watching it as it will not only make you laugh, but it will make you want to come home and hug your furry companion.

Who Are the Voices?

No comments:

Post a Comment